Terra is a Social Project that has been created to:
- Support environmentally responsible practices.
- Help sustain indigenous practices that are based in sustainability.
- Create awareness about alternatives practices in the Apparel and Accessories market.
- Support Artisans in third world countries and empower them to grow as co-ups.
- Create opportunities to women is South America and in the US.
Each piece of jewelry is made out of the Tagua nut, which is pictured next to each item in the product listing. No use of pesticides in harvesting the nuts and seeds, or in creating the jewelry. Preservation of the rain forest by raising the economic value of these palms, preventing their destruction, and promoting replanting. (An important point, as the deforestation of the Amazon has proceeded at an alarming rate.) No harm to animals at any stage of growing, harvesting, or using the seeds. Creation of educational programs for Artisans in South America. You are supporting the environment with each purchase you make.